Friday, July 10, 2015

Community

We all need to feel loved and we all need compliments. We perceive the world with its ups and downs as it relates to our own condition. Somehow I believe there must be a place where we can share our views freely, and get the encouragement we need.  We should strive for this. If we don’t we will lose sense of community.  Often we don’t know how to ask for what we need.  We can spend years silently and timidly waiting to be accepted for ideas and viewpoints.  Secretly we want people in our lives to think we are smart, creative or kind and most of all an important part of their lives.
Try finding a person who is interested in an affectionate, thoughtful dialogue.  Try out new statements like:
“I really like your idea!  I have some perceptions about what you said.  Do you mind if I share them with you?”
“I just wrote a new blurb on my blog.  Would you read it and tell me if you like it?”

“I can’t believe I feel so negative about this situation.  I think it is my perspective on this.  Can you tell me some things that will help me feel loved and connected?”

I think it is natural to feel alone and out of place some times.  We just need to recognize that it is not a natural state of being and we really do need each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment