Friday, March 17, 2017

The Emotion Code as One Way to Process Emotion

Do we hold our emotions in our body?  Can it make us sick?  My mother always told me not to keep my emotions inside especially resentment, or it will make you sick.  I have often recognized that after a trying time I will feel the weight of a problem upon my shoulders.  When something just does not feel right, I will feel it in my gut.  When I feel love for someone I will feel a warmth in my heart.  If I am angry I feel it on my side.  Perhaps I am just a super imaginative sensitive person, but after reading the book The Emotion Code, I feel that there is some truth to the idea that emotions can be held in the body and also released.  I tried some of the techniques that were suggested for locating, identifying and freeing blocked emotion, and I found a little sense that some blocked emotions were freed.  I intend to read it more carefully and try some of these practices more carefully.  They even have a certification in this method that will train you to do this more efficiently.  It is a fascinating concept, and could help heal many.

No comments:

Post a Comment