Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Emotional Agility

Just when I thought I was really "in touch" emotionally,  I have been awakened to the idea that there is more for me to discover about emotion.  I took the free quiz Susan David has provided to promote her new book, Emotional Agility.   I now realize I want to train myself to come to my inner world -  thoughts, emotions, experiences and self-stories - with courage, compassion and curiosity. So often I let my emotions get in my way.  This book looks like it will give us insight into how to learn from our emotions.  This is my mantra in writing my Emotatude series.  I want to be so skilled at feeling that I will be able to spring back from any emotional devastation I feel and evaluate the situations I face with a clear mind.  I want to always be able to move forward with values and purpose. This book " a critical skillset that helps you make real changes in your life, both
at work and at home." It has a four-part process to help you make these changes that are
"organized into those four parts: Showing Up, Stepping Out, Walking Your Why, and Moving On."
 I am going to give it a try and let you know how it goes.  Perhaps I will have tips for coping with our Bejeebers, Heebiejeebies, Conniptions, Cases of Grief and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment